We are pleased to announce that our new student information system, InformationNOW, is up and running for all students in grades 1 - 12! Our faculty and staff have been working all summer and into this current school year to learn our new system so that you have access to grades, homework assignments, discipline (high school only) records, and attendance records. We will use our new system to create “new” report cards for students in grades 1 – 12, but more information will follow about report cards. We are excited about this opportunity for students and parents to engage in real communication about student progress in each class. No longer will parents have to wait for progress reports to assess their child’s progress!
A few points of interest about this new program:
- Teachers in grades 1 – 3 will post grades only. Parents of these students receive a weekly folder about student grades, homework, etc.
- Teachers in grades 4 – 12 will post grades, missed homework assignments, and information about upcoming tests/homework.
- Parents of students in grades 4 – 6, please use the “Assign” course tab to access upcoming homework assignments/tests.
- All teachers will post grades each Tuesday for the previous week’s work; however, you may check each day for upcoming homework assignments/tests in grades 4 – 12. Ultimately, though, the responsibility for homework communication should come from your child. Please allow teachers time to post by 5 pm.
- If there is a mistake or question about your data from each teacher, don’t panic! Please contact the teacher.
- The attendance information may not be up-to-date. If you have questions regarding attendance, please contact the office.
- Enrolled students, parents, and legal guardians may access their online grades, attendance, and other information as offered by the school’s student information system. Any site containing the above information must require the user to log in with a secure username and password.
- Each user is responsible for his/her individual login information and should take all reasonable precautions to prevent others from being able to use his/her account. This includes, but is not limited to, regularly changing the account password and not sharing the password with others. Users should notify the school office immediately if a possible security problem has been identified.
We sincerely hope that this new information system will help improve communication between you and your student and you and your student’s teachers. Please do not hesitate to call the school office if you have a specific question or concern.